Quinoa salads are my lunch jam. Lately I have gotten tired of my usual rotation, so I have started experimenting. This week’s creation is not too shabby.
The picture really does not do it justice. However, I also created an awesome quinoa salad last week and did not blog it because I didn’t think to take a picture of it. Since I made this up directly in the plastic container I take to work, you are just going to have to deal with a not-so-pretty picture (I am quite sorry).
Mexican Quinoa Salad
Makes 2 servings
- 1 c. cooked quinoa
- 2/3 c. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c. frozen corn, thawed (Trader Joe’s fire roasted corn is amazing)
- 1/2 c. tomatoes, chopped (I just had grape tomatoes around so I used those)
- 2 T. chopped green onions
- 1 T. chopped cilantro
- cumin and chili powder
- 1/2 c. salsa (I used my own)
In a bowl, layer 1/2 c. quinoa, 1/3 c. black beans, 1/4 c. each corn and tomatoes, 1 T. chopped green onions, and 1/2 T. chopped cilantro. Sprinkle with cumin and chili powder to taste, and top with 1/4 c. salsa.
Evidently, people eat these “salads” cold, but that weirds me out so I heat them up. Eat it at whatever temperature you like!