Quinoa burrito bowls are maybe my favorite thing on the planet. I definitely did not create this recipe; I just think that the world needs to know about it. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and makes great leftovers and lunches.
The dreamy filter I applied to the picture should show just how much I love this dish. And yes, there is cilantro lime quinoa and a delightful black bean filling underneath the lettuce.
You can find the recipe here. Go there, make it, and then come back for my topping recommendations.
Things You Should Put on Your Burrito Bowl:
- Shredded cheese. Throw it on top of the black beans and let it get a little melt-y. I have not been eating dairy for a while now, and I use the Go Veggie shreds. I have to use the microwave to help melt my faux cheese, but it’s worth it.
- Shredded lettuce. I cannot get enough of it on mine. I tried shredding a head of lettuce with my grater but that was an epic fail, so I just finely chop my own.
- Pico de gallo or salsa. My favorite is Trader Joe’s hot pico de gallo.
- Extra tomatoes. Because DUH.
- Avocado. See previous comment.
You can also add other vegetables of your choice, or meat. I usually just leave this vegetarian, but boyfriend always adds something. Tonight he tried ground beef taco meat and really liked it, but he has also been known to throw leftover steak or chicken on it as well.
Prepare to meet your next favorite thing ever! You’re welcome.